Douglas C.O.R.E. is the recognized Georgia Family Connection partnership collaborative for Douglas County with the mission to improve the well-being of the community, including support for producing both self-sufficient adults, and strong, healthy, educated families.
We have teamed up with a host of community partners within Douglas County.
C.O.R.E. is a partnership among the government, private sector, citizens, educators, and health and human services organizations of Douglas County.
Its mission is to improve the well-being of the community, including support for producing both self-sufficient adults, and strong, healthy, educated families.
C.O.R.E. accomplishes this mission through its partners by:
- Identifying community needs, strengths, and resources;
- Choosing priority issues;
- Sharing experience, knowledge and resources to plan solutions; and
- Collaborating to raise grant funds and coordinating existing resources around a common agenda.
In pursuing the mission, C.O.R.E. values include:
- Input from the community;
- A consumer focus, not an agency focus;
- The power of collaboration;
- Prevention rather than intervention;
- Measurable outcomes and accountability for results;
- Good stewardship and the efficient use of resources;
- Responsibility and standards at the individual, family and community levels; and
- Supporting existing organizations in the community.